The Throat chakra is the sixth chakra in a system of seven of 7 chakras. It is located at the front of your neck and represents communication, truth, and creativity. This post will explore a powerful Throat Chakra meditation to unblock and balance your Throat Chakra.
Throat Chakra Meaning – Visuddha
The Throat Chakra is located in the center of your throat and the back of your neck. It is your chakra of communication – listening and speaking. Filling you with freedom, choice, knowledge and leadership. Connecting you to your truth.
Throat Chakra Meditation
This Throat Chakra meditation will help you to express yourself on all levels, and can support creativity, artistic expression, and living an authentic life.
- Gently circle your head and neck before finding stillness in a comfortable upright position.
- Soften your jaw, but keep your mouth closed. Let the bottom teeth part from the top teeth, and relax the skin around your lips.
- Bring awareness to your throat and neck, and picture a brilliant turquoise light sitting right at the center of this area.
- This brilliant turquoise blue light represents your authentic truth and the magic you have to share with the world. It holds the words you have to share, the stories you can tell, the art you can offer, and the music you can play. It is also the bridge between your heart and your head.
- Breathe energy into this turquoise light at the center of your throat, and offer it out through your nose or mouth.
- Picture the blue light shining through your ears as well, helping you to listen to others and hear your inner voice.
- As you focus your attention on your throat chakra, envision yourself using your voice for good. Let this practice help you to make a positive contribution to the world in a way that is unique and authentic for you.
- Try Humming, chanting, or singing can be very beneficial to the throat chakra.
- Find music that resonates with you and play or sing along.
- Try chanting the sound Ham to open your throat channel and vocal chords further.
Balancing this chakra helps with all elements of communication—from writing efficient and eloquent emails, to having difficult conversations with family members, to how you present your message through paint or photography or song.
Throat Chakra Guided Meditation – 10 minutes