The Third Eye Chakra is the center for intuition and wisdom. Our third eye can help us to see beyond our physical, earthly reality into a realm of understanding that only we can perceive.
The Third Eye Chakra meditation will help open the 3rd Eye, so you can use your mind’s eye to tap into this deeper level of awareness and gain insight from within.
Third Eye Chakra Meaning – Ajna
The Third Eye Chakra is the sixth chakra in a 7 chakra system. It is located in the center of your forehead, just above your eyebrows. It is your chakra of intuition, thoughts and psychic abilities. Filling you with truth, dreams and an openness to new ideas and ideals. Connecting you to spiritual awareness.
Third Eye Chakra Meditation
This Third Eye Chakra meditation helps with clarity of thought, expanding your vision for the future, and trusting your intuition. By regularly meditating on your third eye, you can help open the Third Eye, break through your limiting thought patterns, and cultivate greater wisdom and imagination.
Close your eyes while sitting or lying comfortably.
Turn your gaze up toward the space between your brows, bringing energy to the third eye point.
While the physical eyes look outward, the third eye is said to look inward. As you bring your attention to this energetic point, envision the color indigo or deep, royal blue.
- Try to keep the skin around your eyes soft and relaxed.
- Begin to draw your awareness back from the forehead toward the mid-brain.
- Consider the consciousness that sees through your eyes, and see if you can catch glimpses of this inner light between your ears.
- As thoughts come and go, let them pass like clouds, and return the awareness to the midpoint of your brain.
- If it helps, press the tip of your tongue to the upper palate to stimulate the Ajna chakra from underneath it.
- Keep your breath smooth and steady as you breathe in and out through your nose.
- Alternate nostril breathing can help settle the mind and balance the intuitive centers of the mind.
Try this Third Eye chakra meditation in silence or while listening to classical music, which has been shown to help create mental clarity and decrease stress. Chant the sound Sham to bring focus to the third eye.
Third Eye Chakra Guided Meditation – 10 minutes
Next: Crown Chakra Meditation
Powerful 7 Chakra Balancing Meditation
The 7 Chakra Symbols and Their Meanings