Why practice a Crown Chakra meditation? It is said that the Crown chakra governs our connection to the divine and universal energy. Another way of understanding this is that it has a lot to do with how we see ourselves in relation to everyone else, as well as our beliefs about who we are and what’s possible for us.
A Crown chakra meditation can be practiced by anyone at any time, but they’re most effective when done on a full moon or new moon. The benefits of practicing the Crown chakra meditation meditation include: better intuition; more psychic ability; increased telepathy; more spirituality and creativity; better communication skills (including listening); and an improved memory among many others.
Crown Chakra Meaning – Sahasrara
The Crown Chakra is the seventh chakra in the seven-chakra system. It is located on the top of your head. It is your chakra of wisdom and divine love. Filling you with spiritual awareness, inspiration, devotion and trust in life. Connecting you to the universe and your higher purpose on Mother Earth.
Crown Chakra Meditation
This crown chakra meditation can help you connect to your spiritual center or the God of your understanding. Crown chakra meditation can draw you closer to the oneness of all beings, providing an antidote to feelings of isolation, heaviness, and hopelessness.
Try this crown chakra meditation when you are having trouble connecting to the peace, love, and meaning you desire.
- Sit comfortably in a position where your spine is tall and regal. Imagine your head floating like a water lily at the top of your spine. Soften your neck, jaw, eyes, and brow. You might even tap on the crown of your head a few times to stimulate and awaken the crown chakra point.
- At the top of your head, imagine an invisible lotus flower with a thousand petals.
- Invite it to open up, so that you might know yourself and the Truth more fully.
- Imagine a column of purple light extending from the center of the on your head up into the sky.
- As you inhale, the purple light moves down and into your body, and as you exhale, it moves up into the sky.
- See the light moving in as Divine consciousness filling you up with every breath. Each exhale becomes an offering back to Source.
- When it feels natural, let your awareness settle on the point at the center of the imaginary lotus, offering thanks to your higher self for revealing itself to you.
- Gratitude can help you rise above your thinking mind into the spiritual sphere.
- Using the purple stone amethyst can also help to awaken your higher centers.
- A headstand, or even letting your head hang off the end of the couch or bed, can help bring energy to the crown chakra.
Crown Chakra Guided Meditation – 10 minutes
Next: Root Chakra Meditation