The Solar Plexus Chakra, also known as the Manipura Chakra, is located in the abdomen. The Solar Plexus is the third chakra in the 7 chakra system. This chakra governs our personal power and self-confidence. The Solar Plexus Chakra is related to willpower, assertiveness, independence and self-reliance. When this chakra’s energy is blocked or depleted it can lead to feelings of fearfulness or insecurity.
This blog post will share a meditation technique that you can practice on your own at home to help balance your solar plexus chakra
Solar Plexus – Manipura Meaning
The solar plexus chakra is located between your belly button and your breastbone. It is your chakra of self-identity, empowerment and nurturing, filling you with energy, strength, courage, confidence and bravery. Connecting you to your personal power and your intuition.
Solar Plexus Chakra Meditation
Practice the Solar Plexus Chakra meditation when you find yourself feeling disempowered, unworthy, or insecure.
Bringing energy to your solar plexus can remind you of your power and strength. Draw in courage, discipline, and confidence as you connect to your warrior nature.
- Begin by sitting comfortably, with your spine tall and relaxed. Before getting still, bring your hands onto your belly, and massage big circles in a clockwise motion.
- Not only will this movement aid in proper digestive fire, but it will also soften the belly, which can often get tense when feelings of unworthiness creep in.
- After rubbing 7–10 circles on your belly, release your hands onto your thighs and deepen your breath. On your exhalations, gently tone your abdominal muscles, and on your inhalations, let the belly get soft and full. This pattern will help to support a subtle Ujjayi breath, which will bring some natural heat to your system from the inside out.
- Visualize the element of fire burning away fear, inadequacy, and feelings of being trapped by your circumstances. You can picture the flame right behind your naval and blowing the smoke out through your nose with each breath cycle. By energetically purifying your abdominal area, you are also supporting your heart’s desires, helping you to take action from a place of strength and self-confidence.
- Light a candle or practice this meditation in front of a fire.
- In addition to visualizing your fears being transformed with your inner flame, you could also try writing what binds you on pieces of paper, and throwing them (safely) into the actual flames.
- Try chanting the sound Ram to activate the fire element.
Solar Plexus Chakra Guided Meditation – 10 minutes
Next: Heart Chakra Meditation