The heart chakra is located in the center of your chest. It’s color is green and it’s associated with love, compassion, empathy and healing. The heart chakra also governs self-love and acceptance.
When this chakra is out of balance you may lack a sense of peace within yourself or find that you’re unable to forgive others for their shortcomings. If you are feeling anxious or depressed then it could be that there isn’t enough love going on in your life.
Looking for the perfect gift idea this holiday season? Try this FREE AI-powered gift-finding tool at Giftly.ai, an intuitive tool that personalizes gift suggestions based on a person's interests and your budget. Try it now, and experience the ease of finding the ideal gift in seconds!
Luckily there are many ways to tap into more love – from meditation to taking walks outside to simply talking with friends!
In this blog we’ll go over how to do a Heart Chakra Meditation.
Heart Chakra Meaning – Anahata
The Heart Chakra is the fourth chakra in a seven-chakra system. The Heart Chakra is located in the center of your chest. It is your chakra of love and compassion for self and others. Filling you with trust, harmony, faithfulness and adventure. Connecting you to everyone and everything around you, and to being present.
Heart Chakra Meditation
Try this Heart Chakra meditation if you feel closed off, lonely, or broken-hearted. Bringing energy to your heart chakra helps you to connect to objectless and unconditional love, and will tune you into resilience, compassion, and generosity of spirit.
- Sit tall, with your shoulders back and your posture held proudly.
- Because your lungs are part of the heart chakra, it is vital that you attempt to breathe deeply during this practice.
- Begin by envisioning an emerald green light filling up your entire chest cavity.
- By fortifying this light with your attention and breath, you are strengthening the shield that protects your heart from life’s challenges and sorrows.
- Feed this green light so that it may help you to feel safe to love and be loved.
- After breathing into this space for several minutes, draw your attention to the center point of your chest, to a pink diamond that represents the spiritual heart itself.
- This soft and peaceful light represents the core of who you are beyond your self-perceptions.
- See and feel love, beauty, and goodness radiating from this heart diamond, helping you to share your light with the world.
- The light needs no object to shine upon. It is love itself, expressing itself as you.
- Try integrating rose essential oil, which has been shown to help decrease depression, anxiety, and stress. Additionally, you could integrate the use of crystals such as rose quartz and other Heart Chakra stones, or roses themselves into your prayer and practice.
- Chanting the sound Yam can also help to activate an open and protected heart.
Heart Chakra Guided Meditation – 10 minutes
Next: Throat Chakra Meditation