The Sacral Chakra is the second chakra, out of the 7 chakras that we will be balancing. The color of this chakra is orange and it’s located at the naval area. This chakra represents creativity, sensuality, pleasure, sexuality and emotions; as well as our ability to give and receive love. It also governs reproduction and elimination of waste from the body.
To balance this energy center practice the Sacral Chakra Meditation technique below.
Looking for the perfect gift idea this holiday season? Try this FREE AI-powered gift-finding tool at Giftly.ai, an intuitive tool that personalizes gift suggestions based on a person's interests and your budget. Try it now, and experience the ease of finding the ideal gift in seconds!
Sacral Chakra – Svadisthana Meaning
The sacral chakra is located between the belly button and the perineum. It is your chakra of personal control, confidence, sensuality, sexuality, pleasure and self-worth. Connecting you to independence, creativity and your relationship to others.
Sacral Chakra Meditation
The Sacral Chakra meditation can help you to trust in your emotional intelligence, helping your feelings to flow through you with ease. When you feel stuck or rigid, spend some time with this Sacral Chakra meditation to connect to your emotional center.
- Sit so your hips are higher than your knees and the area around your low back and hips can relax.
- Before you find stillness, rock your pelvis forward and backward a few times, loosening up the space around the sacral center.
- Floating right in the middle of your pelvic bowl—midway between your navel and your pubic bone—visualize a beautiful, vibrant setting sun as it lowers over the ocean’s horizon line.
- The fiery orange light permeates your inner body, and reflects off the gentle waves of the water beneath it.
- As you breathe, begin to imagine your breath as the ocean’s waves inhalations pulling the waves to shore, and exhalations withdrawing the waves back into the sea.
- Although your body is still, your breath never stops moving, and you witness the suspension of the breath between rounds.
- As you meditate on the breath and the water element, picture any stuck emotional energy being washed over and through your system, clearing you from the inside out.
- Try listening to a recording of ocean sounds while you practice or, if possible, do this meditation sitting by the ocean herself. You can chant the sound Vam to carry the vibration of the water element with you during and after your meditation.
Sacral Chakra Guided Meditation – 10 minutes