The Root chakra is the foundation of all physical, emotional and spiritual energy. The color associated with this chakra is red which symbolizes life force, vitality, strength, security and survival.
It’s important to keep your Root chakra healthy in order to be grounded to the earth plane and supported by family or friends when needed. This blog post discusses a powerful Root Chakra meditation technique in 5 steps.
Root Chakra Meaning – Muladhara
The Root Chakra is the first chakra in a seven-chakra system. It is located at the base of your spine in the perineum area and extends down to your toes. It is your chakra of belonging, safety, survival, abundance, endings and new beginnings. Connecting you to family and your ancestors.
Root Chakra Meditation
When you find yourself feeling unsettled, overwhelmed with uncertainty, or going through major life changes, try this grounding root chakra meditation to activate your root chakra.
You can practice the root chakra meditation outdoors, if possible, seated on the ground to more fully connect to the earth element.
You can also practice this root chakra meditation sitting in a chair, with your feet planted firmly on the ground. You can also practice this root chakra meditation while lying down on the floor.
- Close your eyes and bring your awareness to the base of your spine, imagining a ruby red sphere of light illuminating the floor of your pelvis. The light might radiate down your legs to your feet, or if you are lying down, it might cover the entire area that is touching the ground beneath you.
- Breathe deeply. With every breath, imagine fortifying the physical foundation of your body—sending your roots deep and wide.
- With your inhalations, draw energy up your roots into the space just in front of your tailbone glowing red, and on your exhalations, send the energy back down and wide, into the earth beneath you.
- You can play drumming music while you do this root chakra meditation and chant the sound LAM to activate the earth element in your body.
- You can hold one of your favorite root chakra stones in your during the meditation. You can also lie down and place your root chakra stone close to your root chakra.
Root Chakra Guided Meditation – Balancing & Healing
Next: Sacral Chakra Meditation
The root chakra is the foundation of our being. It’s what allows us to feel grounded and secure in this world, by providing a sense of security, identity, and belonging. In order to tap into your own power you need to be able to get back down below the surface where all these things originate from. If you’re feeling stuck or unsettled in life then this Root chakra meditation is perfect for getting back on track.